I have been trying to come up with ways of be creative. So many things I want to do, but at the same time I tend to loose patience and set the one project aside and not go back to it for some time or not at all. I don't know if it something to fill my time with or just to have my hands and my mind busy with something to do until the next project comes along. I would love to crochet and knit, but I am so worried that if I get started I will never finish. Quilting is something else that has been a constant thing on my mind as well. My mom and grandmother both know how to quilt and I even have a book on quilting that is quite informative.
The sitting down and getting it started it another thing that seems to be come into play also. I have a four year old daughter and I work full time. It seems that in between being a mom and being an employee I have no time for me. A normal day for me is working 9:30 to 6pm, getting Gigi from after school care, going home to have dinner, getting Gigi ready for bed, and before you know it, it is after 9pm. So I have a plan to be creative, whether or not it will work I don't know, but it is a start. At some point this weekend, Gigi and I will make a trip to a craft store of some kind and get some yarn, needles for crocheting and knitting and learn a new skill. This skill may benefit me in the future. It may bring in some extra money that I desperately need right now, but in reality who knows what it will bring. Maybe a peace that I have longed for that I have been looking for these last few years or even something that I will eventually share with my daughter when she is older. She is going to have to learn a trade or two and I think creativity is something that she might not have a problem with.

there are craft days around town for mommy's and kids. a one day event might be what you need.
ReplyDeleteYeah I am going to really have to look in the paper and online to find them. I think Gigi would enjoy it.
ReplyDelete