I have been trying so hard to write this blog since June 23rd and no matter how much I want to tell you that I am glad that the rain has finally decided to visit, I am still feeling that there should be more to put out there. I have been staying up late at night and when I do go to bed, it takes me awhile to finally go to sleep. And when I do finally go to sleep, I am woke up by something or someone. Being that I live with my mother, my daughter and I share a room. Some nights are good and she does actually sleeps during the night, but she is four and wakes me up when she needs to go to the bathroom. There are times I wake up and she sneaked into my bed and I have some body part either touching or laying on top of me. I see now why my mother didn't want the three of us sleeping with her. I am not complaining, but my little one moves a lot when she sleeps. She has done this from the time she has been born. This is one of may traits she got from her Auntie C. Mom has told me more than once that even though I carried my little one, my daughter is my sister's child. My little one share both my sister and I's traits, for one, she has my temperament, but she is smart like her auntie. There are times I can't seem to wrap my head around with what she comes up with.
After much waiting, Savannah, Ga. finally gets some rain. It would rain in spurts, but just enough to wet the ground, but it would dry just as quickly as it came down. It has been really dry here in this part of Georgia and in some parts of the state there has been wildfires. It hasn't reached Savannah, but we have been getting the smoke from surrounding counties that do have them. There has been times that the smoke has been so thick that we have been under advisory not to go out unless it was necessary. My sinuses have been burning and so has my throat (this was written on June 23rd when it finally started raining). And as of July 1st, it seems there is no rain in site and I am somewhat happy about that, but saddened me too. I love the rain, especially at night. Nothing like hearing the rain outside when you are in your bed reading a book or in my case catching up on T.V. programs that I missed during the day or a HBO series--Game of Thrones and it is really good too. We just added HBO back and just in time for True Blood (Another favorite show of mine)! And it just so happens that we have our first tropical storm for the summer and it is called: Arlene (and I find it ironic that it is one of the main characters from the Sookie Stackhouse novels/True Blood series. It is the time of year for the storms to start up because of the intense that heat that the summer brings and draws them so close to the islands and to the coastlines of the south of the US.

No comments:
Post a Comment